Saturday, May 19, 2007

Girls Night Out.

Me, Jo and Heidi


















Nothing like a night out dancing and a glass of wine or two or three, with good friends.
Especially after a long challenging week.

We ended up in this bar near the city which was decked out in a 1930s theme, and an amazing band that was playing music from the same Era.( disappointed that I forgot I had my camera while we were there, only remembered at the next place (tisk) ).
The whole atmosphere was incredible ,it was like stepping back into a time warp with people of all ages dressed in the appropriate attire, except for us! We have no idea where we will end up until we get there. Gypsy partiers we are.

We moved on after that to a more modern place , where we danced our little booties off!

Warning, I'm going to start having a whinge (and all opinions welcome )..... What is it with
some people when your out, that give you 'that look' and the "oohhh" when you say that your married with children? Or sometimes I'll get the line...' I just assumed that you would be single if your out!" OH DID YOU REALLY!! Don't get me wrong , I have no problem with people asking my marital status , when your out you have to expect that with the whole human seeking human thing, its part of life, if you don't like that part of it your better off staying home. Its just the reactions of some when they hear your unavailable with children that bothers me.
(Heaven forbid your out after dark if your a wife and mother!)
I mean its not like I left my children waiting with the homeless man in the wheelie bin
(insert insurance policy: even though the homeless man is probably lovely), or left them out the front of the venue with their colouring books while we enjoyed ourselves inside.
According to some, when your unavailable with kids its a sin to go out with friends and have a dance and a good time (some being women but majority of them being men with double standards. , fortunately I have a man that sees things differently). Well I say what a load of B@#! S#!#, not in my world, its me time to relax and unwind after dedicating my every other waking hour to my family (that I wouldn't have any other way of course). I
don't remember signing anything after my babies were born that said 'I will not enjoy myself outside of this child' so where ever they got that belief system from they can keep it! And when they have kids, they can enjoy the rest of their nights groovin' to the wiggles if they choose. (insurance policy no.2: not that there's anything wrong with the wiggles their great). I thinks its fine that some choose not to go out after having children , if their happy good on them. I just have a problem with people judging those who do!

I will be deciding when my dancing days are over, and as far as I'm concerned, a dance deprived mother can cause major issues.
In fact there should be mothers only clubs for us mums to get out and dance and let our hair down.

On a lighter note, I had a great time and to Jo if I haven't told you lately ,
I love and appreciate your friendship. xx
Here is the photo promised







8 comments:

Sue xx said...

Girls Night Out sounds like heaps of fun!!
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

When you decide it's your time to give up dancing after dark, let me know so I can ask someone else to come out with me when you come to Adelaide!!!! Tee hee xxx

Rachael said...

Mum, don't go replacing me in a hurry, it won't be happening for while yet!
You taught me everything I know!

Anonymous said...

I had to have a chuckle about blokes not believing you were married, I don't think they thought you were "bad" leaving your kids at home - I think they were just sorely disappointed you weren't single, it's not normal for a mother of 4 to look so young, fit and beautiful too lol!!!!
I agree too, it's not particularly healthy for us mummies to revolve our entire lives around our kids, gotta release that stress somewhere and what better place than the dance floor!!!!
Your mum sounds really cool too is she available for hire??? :)

Rachael said...

anonymous poster, wow thanks for the compliment.
But I actually had a person say that he thought it wasn't appropriate for a wife with kids to be out in a night club. My response.... I didn't think it was appropriate for him to be out in public ( with that attitude :-)

Rachael said...

oh and about my Mum being available for hire, no need to hire her just say the words "party anyone", and she's there!

Sussanah said...

You have some FABULOUS hair going on there - and don't leave your kids with the homeless man, not when the pokie lounges have such fabulous play grounds (LOL)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,

Love and appreciate you heaps too! We will one day (when we are in our elderly years, which of course is light years away) look back on these very very late Friday nights and say "remember when we could party all night with the best of them". We are creating great memories for our future. Its great to have our friendship to share in our different ups and downs of life.
Love always Jo