Sunday, May 20, 2007

I have been tagged!

I have been tagged by a lovely Lady Trudi who writes such a good story that you feel like your right there. Go and read her 'What It Takes' post.

I've been asked to write about:

1.Four of my favorite jobs
2.Four of my favorite local places
3.Four of my favorite foods
4.Four international places I have been to or would like to visit.

... then I am meant to choose four other bloggers to do the same.

I have tagged

Carrie (verybusylady)
Vanessa (vanessaandkara)
Sue (wishIwasthree)
Jennifer (preciouspinkpumps)


I wanted to pick another blogger who I find hysterical until I read she hates this kind of thing. The others are probably saying "Hello, well so do I" ,sorry guys, but I didn't want to be the party pooper.

FAVORITE JOBS

1.My very first job was at a bakery on the weekends when I was 14 years old.
I actually hated the job,I mean what 14 year old wants to clean all day and stick bread into a bag? But anyone that knows me knows my motto is 'A cake a day keeps me happy' especially doughnuts. My body is flooded with happy endorphins with each mouthful.

At the end of each day after closing up, there would be heaps of them left over, nothing to do with me encouaging customers to go for the crappier cakes when they said "mmm just working out which cakes to choose".
The little Maltese lady who owned the shop would say "Rachael would you like to take
some doughnuts home?" I would be thinking 'are you friggin serious, stick every single one you got left in my bag lady' but being a little less up front about my addiction in those days I would say " Oh only if you don't want them, thankyou". How things change.


2.Another job I had was working with disabled children at 'Uncle Bobs' which was part of the Royal Childrens Hospital, it was a school for serverly disabled children who were in permanent care.
I loved it! I think it was the beginning of me looking outside of my own square and
appreciating what I did have. I'll never forget my first day there when I met a little boy John who was about 5 years old at the time. John had a condition where he was unable to move his limbs but had full feeling in them. His arms and legs were plastered at the time after several surgeries and he was also unable to speak. I was sitting on the floor reading to him, when we had finished the story he started to make a grunting noise, I knew from the tone that he wanted something but the poor little thing couldn't tell me what. He was looking at a heap of toys in front of him and was becoming increasingly frustrated not being able to tell me which one he wanted. As I picked out different toys he became more frustrated. So I tried a different aproach and said to him "John if I go through the toys and I get to the one you want will you smile for me?" I finally got to a stuffed caterpiller and he blessed
me with this beaming smile, I layed the caterpiller on him and smiled back at him as I tried to hide the tears streaming down my face. These children are such happy little souls and are so grateful for your time and attention. Working with kids like John, I now know exactly why they are called 'special children' they are earth angels reminding us to be grateful for everything we take for granted. What an honour for me to have been able to be part of their lives.

3.I was doing Marketing for a while , I loved that too. Meeting new people and just
networking in general which has led me too what I love now, NLP (Neuro
Linguistic Programming) What is NLP? - NLP's core idea is that an individual's
thoughts, gestures and words interact to create their perception of the world. By
changing their focus, a person can improve there attitudes and actions. These
observations can be changed by applying a variety of tools/ techniques. I think these tools/techniques should be taught in school's , we push our kids to do their best in maths english etc. but a lot of them are struggling with their own mindsets and beliefs about themselves which can cause problems for them in general. We place so much emphasis on their grades but a lot of kids aren't being taught how to have sucsessful relationships with people which is also a major part of their lives. (ok now I'm wafflling about my passions.)

I also do Reiki and hope to finish a course in hypnotherapy before Sage starts school. My ultimate goal is to open a wellness centre where I can combine all these things together and have other people working there doing the same.

4.But the best of my jobs so far , has to be, being a Mother.
As hard and frustrating as it is sometimes, I don't think there is single thing that is more rewarding! Its only on the odd occasion that I wish they came with a mute button.

FOUR FAVORITE LOCAL PLACES.

1. Definately on the top of the list is 'The Dandenong Ranges' nothing better than the smells , sights and sounds of a rain forest.

2.The local shopping centre , its huge and has everything I neeeeeeed, ok want.

3.Lysterfield Lake. Beautiful lake with wildlife where the kids can feed the ducks.

4. My front Lounge room. (can't get more local than that) no kids allowed ,there is no T.V in there and its decorated how I want. I go and sit in there with the sounds of the water feature, the music I love played softley in the background and a good book. I think its calling me now!

Four Favorite Foods

1. Doughnuts and Cakes of course.
2. Thai food.
3. Big fat juicy lobster tails.
4. Chocolate ( up there with the cakes)

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN TO OR I'D LIKE TO GO INTERNATIONALLY

1. Egypt, wanted to go ever since I saw a film on a movie projector at 5 years old. I think its the whole mystique of it that attracts me.

2.Paris. Shopping of course.

3.Bolivia. I would love to go to the amazon jungle. I am one of two girls, I have a mum who loves nice clothes , which I've inherited and a dad that loves camping and outdoors, as a kid I always had lizards and strange creatures for pets, so the amazon jungle would fascinate me.

4. Malta, my father is Maltese so I would like to see my heratige.

6 comments:

Sussanah said...

I'll come to your lounge, music a book and peace - add some of those lobster tails and I am so there

Rachael said...

don't forget the wine

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,

Love and appreciate you heaps too! We will one day (when we are in our elderly years, which of course is light years away) look back on these very very late Friday nights and say "remember when we could party all night with the best of them". We are creating great memories for our future. Its great to have our friendship to share in our different ups and downs of life.
Love always Jo

Precious Pink Pumps said...

Wow...you are probably the first person (away from my work) who has talked about NLP...isn't it the most fascinating stuff ever? I find it use it in every day life even though I studied it for work. IT is very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Very good artіcle! We aгe linking to thiѕ ρarticulаrly gгeat cοntent on our
ѕite. Кeep up the greаt ωгіting.


Аlso visit mу ωeb-site .
.. tens machines for sale

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Its actually amаzing pаragгaph, I have gοt much clear idea concerning from thiѕ post.



Also visit mу site :: HTTP://www.tensunitsforpain.com